Mexichem: Purchase of 70% of Brazilian Plastic Pipe Manufacturer

Mexican plastics firm Mexichem SAB announced that it acquired a 70% stake in Brazilian plastic tube maker DVG Industria e Comercio de Plasticos Limitada, or Plastubos, for an undisclosed amount. Mexichem said its Amanco Brazil Ltda unit has an option to buy the remaining 30% of Plastubos during the next three years.
Plastubos had $61 million in sales last year and manufactures plastic tubing for housing, infrastructure and irrigation projects at three factories, Mexichem said. Mexichem said last November that it plans to spend $300 million on acquisitions in Mexico and the rest of Latin America over a 12-month period.
he Mexican firm was an active acquirer last year, buying Colombian plastic pipe maker Pavco and Petroquimica Colombiana SA, or Petco, which supplies raw materials for the elaboration of PVC pipes.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.